We know how busy life can get sometimes, but thankfully meal prepping is a game changer when helping you plan meals ahead for the next day (or week)! By prepping your Local Crate in advance and storing it in leak-proof storage containers, you can be out the door in minutes with a tasty lunch in hand.
Here are some simple steps you can follow to make your meal prepped Chicken Tikka Masala with Jasmine Rice dining experience an enjoyable one:
- Cook your Local Crate according to recipe card instructions, but do not tear up or garnish dish with cilantro at this time.
- Let the food cool before splitting into two equal-sized servings and placing in storage containers of your choice.
- Place the rice in the containers first, then top with the chicken tikka masala. This will ensure that the sauce heats up the rice and brings all the flavors together.
- Store the cilantro a zip-top bag or small storage container.
- After reheating the tikka masala, tear and garnish the dish with fresh cilantro. This will ensure the cilantro is as fresh and flavorful as possible.
- Enjoy! But be warned! Local Crate is not responsible for the slightly envious looks your co-workers might give you when they see how delicious your lunch looks and smells!