We know how busy life can get sometimes, but thankfully meal prepping is a game changer when helping you plan meals ahead for the next day (or week)! By prepping your Local Crate in advance and storing it in leak-proof storage containers, you can be out the door in minutes with a tasty lunch in hand.
Here are some simple steps you can follow to make your meal prepped Italian Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes, Baby Kale & Potatoes dining experience an enjoyable one:
- Cook your Local Crate according to recipe card instructions, but do not fold in baby kale in step 5 or garnish with parsley in step 6.
- Store kale and parsley in separate zip-top bags or storage containers.
- Let the hash and chicken cool before splitting into two equal-sized servings and placing in storage containers of your choice.
- After reheating the hash and chicken, stir the baby kale into the hash. This will ensure that the kale does not get too wilted, as it’s very heat-sensitive. Then garnish the dish with fresh parsley.
- Enjoy! But be warned: Local Crate is not responsible for the potentially envious looks your co-workers might give you when they see how delicious your lunch looks and smells!