We know how busy life can get, thankfully meal prepping is a game changer, and we are all about helping you plan meals ahead for the next day (or week)! By prepping one or a few Local Crates ahead of time you can have healthy lunches and dinners ready all week. Simply store them in leak-proof storage containers, and you can be out the door in minutes with a tasty lunch in hand.
Here are some simple steps you can follow to to meal prep your Spice and Salt Crusted Steak and keep it fresh and enjoyable:
- Cook your Local Crate according to recipe card instructions until you get to Step #6. Divide mashed potatoes between two containers; then, thinly slice steak against the grain and cut into bite-sized pieces (because eating at your desk is easier with bite-sized pieces). Place steak on top of potatoes, and drizzle with plenty of mushroom sauce, this will be key during reheating.
- Let the food cool before covering and refrigerating.
- Before you cover and store and again when you are ready to reheat: Make sure the creamy mushroom sauce covers the steak and potatoes. This will help warm the potatoes up and give them extra flavor upon reheating. Use your fork to make a little dent in the middle of the potatoes. This will allow heat to come through and warm them up evenly. Place cover loosely on top of container, and heat for 1:00-1:30 minutes in microwave.
- Don’t overheat your food. The goal is to warm it up, not cook it more. This is especially important with the steak, you want to keep it tender and medium-rare.
- Enjoy…but careful! Local Crate is not responsible for the slightly envious looks your co-workers might give you when they see how delicious your lunch looks and smells!